Beginning August 1, 2017, the Common Application no longer supports connections using the security protocol TLS 1.0. The new minimum security protocol supported is TLS 1.1, in keeping with best practices for data security.
This issue can typically be resolved by updating your browser. In some browsers you can also make a change in your settings to resolve it.
If you are using Internet Explorer version 8, 9, or 10, you can follow these steps below to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 on your browser.
- Go to "Tools" and select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Advanced" tab in Internet Options
- Check the boxes for TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 and uncheck the box for SSL 3.0
- Click "Apply" and "OK" to complete the settings update
- Reload the Common App site, you should now be able to connect and view the page