Applicant Help Center
Welcome to our Help Center. Everything you've ever wanted to know about the online application from creating an account to submitting your material is available here via browse or search.
To see all FAQs, please log into your application and use the Help link to access this page.
- If you created your application before August 1, 2013, understand that last season's account information and application are no longer available. Your application pdf was not saved and therefore cannot be retrieved.
- While most aspects of the Common Application are relatively intuitive, we’ve put together a few eLearning videos that will help you navigate your application. Click on the links below to learn more about different processes within the Common Application--and then share them with your friends.
Why We Don't Offer Phone Support
Many applicants, parents, counselors, and teachers continue to call for phone support, and we understand why. Speaking directly to a support representative is an assurance that one’s problems and frustrations are being heard and addressed. Unfortunately, given the volume of users who will interact with our system this year--well over one million, not including parents--phone support would immediately become unsustainable. In addition, the system information that is transmitted when a user submits a request through our Help Center is often critical in helping us identify and solve the problem.
We assure you that every message submitted through our Help Center is evaluated by an individual member of our support team. These professionals work diligently to provide the most accurate and efficient assistance possible. There are times when the complexity of issues prevents them from responding as quickly as they or you would like, but they strive to provide the timeliest responses possible.
- Knowledge BaseThe Knowledge Base has more than [KBCount] support references, created by support professionals who have resolved issues for our customers. It is constantly updated, expanded, and refined to ensure that you have access to the very latest information. Begin by browsing folders on the left side of this site.
- Ask A QuestionThe Ticket System enables you to directly submit a question to a technical specialist whose expertise matches your inquiry. This online tool helps expedite the resolution of your issue.
- ViewedMost Popular Topics
- 2448749Can schools see what other colleges I've applied to?
- 1999319Recognition for National Honor Society
- 1895258Add college to list
- 1668836Progress Status
- 1534756Training Resources
- Most Recent Topics
- 3/7/2014School writing supplement
- 3/7/2014Not seeing the complete check on the Writing or Supplement Writing page
- 3/7/2014Access to Writing Supplement
- 3/7/2014Word counter
- 3/7/2014Updating the Essay
- Training Resources
- My Account / Login
- College Search
- My Colleges
- Common Application
- Payment & Submission
- Uploading & Print Preview
- Member Screen
- My Recent Topics
- You do not currently have any "My Recent Topic" information. You will see your most recent viewed topics when you begin to browse the Knowledgebase